Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Sing! Until Your Lungs Give Out...

I've changed my mind, Fall Out Boy are the best band recording today. No question.

KIDDING!

The real band that's been wafting through my speakers lately is the 42nd (oh emm gee! One of the numbers...) side project to emerge from the Wolf Parade camp. No, Spencer Krug hasn't started yet another band, this one is the new project featuring Dan Boekner and his wife Alexei Perry. Granted it sounds a hell of a lot like Wolf Parade, but since it's been almost 2 years since the magnificent Apologies to the Queen Mary, I'll take what I can get. Alternately Lo-Fi and well produced, sparse and dense, crackling and clear. Frankly, I think this could be almost as good as Spencer Krug's work, and I ranked Shut Up I Am Dreaming the number one album of 2006.

Handsome Furs - Sing! Captain

Now, on another note, Lost anyone?

No comments: