Saturday, October 31, 2009

Stick Up for Yourself, Son


I'd like to start today off by pointing out how pissed I am that Marshall beat me to posting that Sleigh Bells song yesterday, but it's so crushing and dense that any potential readers need to download that shit. It's like being Emperor Nero while Rome is burning. Sleigh Bells don't give a shit what you think.

Ambling Alp - Yeasayer (link taken down by request)

Ambling Alp on The Hype Machine

Running running running. Over the mountains, through the trees, across rivers and lakes, into caves, across roads and highways. The world can be an unfair place sometimes. I occasionally pause to drink from the glaciers, running can be tiring. I see the Northern Lights and frolic with the penguins. I've seen the Taj Mahal and the Kremlin. I keep running. I've been told to slow down, but there's just so much still to see.

[Song is from Yeasayer's upcoming album Odd Blood, due out on Secretly Canadian. Photo is from ffffound.]

No comments: