Friday, July 11, 2008

The First One to Ask Where You Were

I thought I forgot about you, but then you come back into my life. Not even with a roar, but a putter. Like you can waltz back in any god damned time you want, and I can forget everything, forget what I felt for so long.

Well guess what, you can't.

That's right, I'm past you. I pined over you for so long, more than you'll know. Just when I thought I was fine, I wasn't, and then you left.

Just left.

I finally moved on. I was perfectly happy with everything.

And then you returned.

Well guess what, not this time. I've got my vinyl, I've got my old transistor radio. I'm fine without you.

Who am I kidding, I'll always be your bird. I'll come back anytime you want. I can refuse to help you, I won't be your "DJ on late night radio", but I'll still do whatever you want. I can't help it.

I'll be your bird.

M Ward - I'll Be Yr Bird

[If you get the chance, pick up M Ward's delightful Transistor Radio, on vinyl if you can. I don't know how he does it, but the man manages to sound like he's singing on old time radio all the time. As well as make beautiful music.]

No comments: