Sunday, July 20, 2008

I'm wondering why

So I was lying in bed the other night, listening to some M Ward and thinking about the future, when I just started smiling. This feeling of happiness came over me. This unrelenting joy. Then I realized, I couldn't remember the last time I felt like that. The last time I was really happy.

I wish I could feel like that all the time.

I think we all wish we could feel like that.

We all walk around, looking for that magical something or someone that will make us happy. Some of us find it (at least for a while), some of us don't.

I don't know, maybe I force it upon myself, maybe I don't really want to be happy.

I mean, let's face it, it's easier to write when you're depressed.

But when you truly feel happy, and not just content (which I have felt), you never want to give it up, as much as you know it will leave. They say happiness is a state of mind. Maybe they're right.

Maybe I'll find it someday. Maybe you will too.

Cloud Cult - Happy Hippo

No comments: